5 Top Tips for Using the new Time Line Features to Promote your Facebook Contest
When Facebook announced the new Time Line for Pages, there was doom and gloom everywhere. I heard so many “theories” about how it would affect your Pages, statements like “Contests will Suffer” and so many more. Well the Time Line is out and except for a few minor complaints – I am loving it.
Here are my 5 Top Tips for using the new Time Line Features to Promote your Facebook Contest
1. Be creative with your Contest Tab image – make it eye catching.
2. Ensure you move the Contest Tab so that it is sitting in the Prime Position (up the top line near Photos). Click on the Pen to choose “Swap position with“.
3. When launching your Contest – create an eye catching image and use the “Highlight” feature so that it takes up the full width of your screen. Make a big deal out of it so people know … that you are launching a contest and how to enter.
4. Write a Post and Pin it! This will ensure the Post stays at the top of your Page for the next 7 days.
5. Edit your Time Line Cover and include a tag line that “Suggests you are having a contest” … BUT PLEASE make sure you stay within the Facebook Guidelines. For example you cannot add….
Here is an example of a Page that has made great use of the Tab App Image and changed their Logo to get maximum exposure for their contest.